Friday, September 28, 2007

Grizzle's Bad?

I shouldn't be posting this. I should either be working or sleeping. But I really need to get this out of my system.

I'm addicted to Grizzle's Bad, a video clip of the song of the same name. It's actually from Oopsy Does It, the new Care Bears movie, but that doesn't come out on DVD until October 23rd, and it when it was out in theaters, the only one in CT was way too far to justify going out, especially when I had no clue if I'd even like it or not (the new movies have been okay, but nothing to write home about, really. Although I do like the character arc of the "villians" in The Big Wish Movie, and I might write that up sometime. Probably the next time it's on TV).

The clip in question is the bag guy's song, which will get stuck in your head for days. Like I said, I'm addicted to it. Somebody tell me how to rip audio from these kind of clips, so I can listen to it on my mp3 player, okay?

Why am I addicted to this video clip? First off, there's the music of the song itself. It has a sinister quality, yet it's also kind of jazzy. Plus, there are trumpets. I'm a sucker for trumpets (and violins, but there aren't any here). And there's Grizzle's performance, which manages to be both sharp and smooth, and has a lovely bit of nuance at the end that just brings the song to a close perfectly. I don't know who does his voice, but he really brings the character to life.

Then there's the visuals. The camera angles are far from static, and there are times where, even though I've watched this video clip a thousand times, I'm certain that Grizzle is going to punch the camera. Not to mention the body language and facial expressions. I could go into such minute details about this video clip if I really wanted to.

But overall, the reason I'm addicted to this video clip is that when you put it all together, it's just incredibly cheesy. It soon becomes obvious that this whole thing is just an excuse for him to climb out of his mechanical suit (he's so tiny! and CUTE!) and dance with himself. He even throws in a quick monologue during the instrumental break. All this in under two minutes.

I could watch this all day, I really could. It makes me want to know everything there is to know about Grizzle (which probably isn't much), and makes me simultaneously long for each Saturday and October 23rd (for the TV show and DVD, respectively). Until then, I'll be watching the clips on the official website.

(Every time, I expect him to sing "I'm just mean and greedy to the core" instead of the actual lyrics, "to the bone.")

No comments: