Saturday, April 26, 2008

Shocking Discovery - Disney Fairies


Poking around the IMDB, I found the cast list for the upcoming Tinkerbell movie. An interesting ensemble, to say the least. I mean, I'm always glad to see Kristin Chenoweth listed, and it's no surprise that Rob Paulsen and Jeff Glenn Bennett are involved, but do we really need Jesse McCartney? Granted, my only experience with him is vaguely in the game Kingdom Hearts (my sister played it, so I caught the cut scenes here and there) and at the end of Horton Hears a Who, but still, it annoys me. And what's Angelica Huston doing there, anyway?
The girl herself (Tinkerbell) is voiced by Mae Whitman, who is not only Katara from Avatar: the Last Airbender, but was Suzie on Johnny Bravo (which is more impressive to me. Ah, my youth...). But the real reason I'm bringing all this to your attention is for two reasons. The first is that I'm happy to see that Vidia is in the movie (she wasn't on the movie site, so I thought she wouldn't be in it), but I just cannot make heads or tails of her voice actress: Pamela Adlon. Probably best known as Bobby Hill on King of the Hill, but I'll always think of her as that kid from Time Squad. So I'm very curious to see what she does as Vidia, because while her usual raspy voicings are not what I think of when I imagine Vidia's voice, it might work. But I really won't know until the movie comes out, which won't be until the end of October.

No comments: