Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sushi Pack Goods are Go!


I am the happiest Evalana ever, seriously. I was tipped off that Sushi Pack merchandise was already in stores, so I hopped down to the mall and sure enough, there in the Carlton Cards was a whole section of Sushi Pack merchandise!
First off, the plushies. I got a little one of Tako, but there are also 12" ones and really big ones of Wasabi only. Designwise they look all right, but Maguro ended up looking like a monkey. All the Wasabi plushes have some vinyl to represent his flame, just so you know.
There are also keychains of the Pack like my Kani one up there, with silver outlining (it doesn't really show up on the photo), and coin purses of Kani and Wasabi. And the cutest purse of Kani's head that I totally would have bought if a. I were just a little younger and b. I wasn't limiting myself to $20. The best part of the bag was that her pigtails were actually little pockets that closed with velcro!
As for stationary, there are little notebooks with an elastic closure like I got, along with little spiral pads with the characters and a phrase on them (e.g. Kani's say "Pinch!" and Wasabi's say, "Pow!" I think Tako's say "Zap!" but I don't remember the other two), and post-it notes of the character's heads. And stickers! Not to mention gift bags and wrapping paper.
The oddest thing there that I saw were the canvas art. I didn't see how much they were, but I don't really see them selling a lot of them. But then again, just because I have no interest in it doesn't mean no one does.

As a special promotion, you get a free DVD with any Sushi Pack purchase. The DVD has one episode, "Every Body is Some Body," about Mayor Martin and Wasabi switching bodies (which is actually funnier than it sounds, even though you have to get through some ridiculous backstory to get to it). I'll put up a review of it and the bonus features (which mostly include things you can find on the website) later tonight, hopefully.

6 comments:

Webmonster said...

See? Even you thought they looked like monkeys ;)

Anonymous said...

Man, I saw that humongous Wasabi Plush one time at a Carlton Cards store, but it was $50, so of course I couldn't afford it. >_> (Which is okay, since I wanted a smaller-sized Tako plush, anyway.) Unfortunately, I couldn't find any more related merchandise at the time, and the next time I got to a mall that (supposedly) had a CC store, it already closed down.

;_; I really envy you for finding SP stuff in the first place!

Lord of Sushi said...

LUCKY! Could you try getting the DVD episode and posting it on the Green Donut?

BTW, for some reason, I found an image of the Maguro plushie, and it didn't look like a monkey. Maybe the hands...

The Zany Bishojo Evalana said...

The episode has already been put up on YouTube, so you can watch it there. Plus it reruns on CBS from time to time.

Unknown said...

i am looking for the pink plush and keychain!!!! i need help bc carlton cards is discontinuing the line!!! anone know where i can find it? i would rly appreciate it.

The Zany Bishojo Evalana said...

You could always try eBay.