Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Shamrocks

For St. Patrick's Day I crocheted up some shamrocks using this pattern.  I only really meant to make one or two, but I made four for the following reasons:
1. The first one seemed too ripply to me, so I figured my gauge was off and made the next one. 
2. By the time I finished the second one, I realized that I had misread the pattern and double-crocheted in the second row of both shamrocks instead of half-double-crochet.
3. I made the next one following the pattern exactly.  And while it looked nice, it didn't look quite right.
4. So I made the last one just like the first one, except I used the magic ring method instead of making 12 double-crochets in one chain stitch.

Looking at them now, I think the second one looks the best.

No comments: