Friday, July 10, 2009

In a World...?

Lately I've been watching a lot of movie trailers, older ones in particular. That is, trailers narrated by Don LaFontaine, the undisputed king of voiceovers. He died last year, but during his lifetime, he spent 60 years working as a voiceover artist. Now, the reason that I've been watching so many trailers is because Don LaFontaine is best known for using the phrase "In a world..." in many of them, so much so that it's been parodied time and again, even by LaFontaine himself. And yet, I haven't been able to find a trailer that actually uses that phrase (non-ironically, I mean). Nor have any webpages been able to point me to one. If any of you know of any, please let me know. I'm putting my search on hold for now, but in the mean time, here's a video about Don LaFontaine:



And here's a video of him and four other movie trailer announcers (the only one I recognized was the guy who does the Disney movies):

No comments: