Sunday, March 7, 2010

2010 Oscars


  • Watching the red carpet, I've just learned that ten movies were nominated back in 1944, too.
  • Sorry, that was in 1943. Anyway, point is, my husband said he wouldn't miss anything if he didn't watch the red carpet, so ha.
  • Trotting out the Best Actor and Best Actress noms first thing, eh? Wouldn't it be funny if they all get paired up and had to dance?
  • ...and the music just died with a sputter, like in a movie or something.
  • Why, NPH, what are you doing there? (Oh, he just said that XD)
  • Not loving this musical number, I will admit
  • I wonder who requested all the showgirls?
  • Okay, I loled at the Dame joke.
  • And at Steve Martin freaking out at the CGI sprites (not so much the 'kill it with bug spray' part, though)
  • But other than that, the opening dialogue just wasn't very funny.
  • So sad that Cloudy didn't get nominated ;_;
  • But this whole interview with the animated noms is cool
  • That's what I thought, UP won.
  • So, wait, are they not actually performing the Best Song noms? Weak.
  • While a song from PatF will win, I just want to say that the song from Paris 36 made me tear up when I heard it.
  • Maaaaan....
  • My husband is shocked that Voice Actors don't get nominated for anything (he was trying to console me from PatF's not winning)
  • And frankly, it is a shame, come to think of it. Voice acting can be a lot harder than acting on camera, they should get recognition.
  • What's with those glasses, RDJ?
  • I had a feeling The Hurt Locker would get Best Original Screenplay, though I personally don't care about it.
  • Either that or Inglourious Basterds.
  • Ah, John Hughes tribute. If Mom were here, she would have already said, "He's dead."
  • Even though UP probably won't win Best Picture (I mean, it already got Best Animated), it's nice to see it get a featurette.
  • What is with that plumey dress? (and who's wearing it? I don't know her)
  • That Logorama looks cool. I'll have to check it out.
  • My husband is not amused by Ben Stiller in Avatar-make up. I contend he that he has the nose for it at least.
  • Well, good for Star Trek, getting Best Make Up
  • I totally didn't realize that little guy was Deep Roy until I saw the clip of him getting made up.
  • That's one of the weirder adaptations, a character from a TV show (I'm assuming)
  • Husband voted District 9, I voted Up in the Air, and it was Precious, which we both had completely forgotten about.
  • Ah, Queen Latifah.
  • People were saying Monique was gonna get it, and she did.
  • I was hoping that Robin Williams would actually be funny, unlike any other presenters, but that's not what he was there to do, I guess.
  • Lovely Sigourney Weaver as usual
  • No comment on the Art Direction win.
  • (Should have been The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus)
  • Lots of good costume noms this year. Any of them could have won, really.
  • Oh, Marc Shaiman. I didn't know he did the music.
  • Paranormal activity? With the John Hughes tribute earlier, I thought it was going to be a parody of that scene in Trains, Planes, and Automobiles
  • So, what was up with the non-horror movies in the Horror Movie Tribute, hm? (I'm looking at you, Twilight and Silence of the Lambs)
  • The winner for Sound Mixing? The one with the most explosions, of course (The Hurt Locker)
  • Sound Editing, too. (I can never tell the difference between those.)
  • Why is E.T. playing for Elizabeth Banks? Oh, it's the category.
  • It's weird watching the montage of who died last year, since Mom usually points out who's dead while we're watching, but my husband didn't realize most of these people had died. It's like the inverse of my usual experience.
  • Wait, so they're performing the Original Scores, but not the Best Songs? What is up with that? (Sherlock Holmes score is cool, though)
  • This whole 'mechanical doll' thing is not representing UP very well, IMO.
  • Kinda surprised UP got Best Or iginal Score, considering that both Avatar and The Hurt Locker were also nominated.
  • But it does have a nice theme that wends its way throughout, so there you go.
  • Husband was hoping Star Trek would get Best Visual Effects, but I told him it would be Avatar because it's Avatar, and I was right.
  • Every year there's one or two movies that win everything because everyone says it's going to win everything.
  • Was amused by the commercial for...that TV show (I forgot already) with movie charades, but mostly because of the CWaCoM references (Update: it was The Middle)
  • Meanwhile, the husband wonders why most documentaries are about government conspiracies.
  • Is having Kathy Bates introduce Avatar some kind of Take That?
  • Completely ignored all the talking about the Best Actor noms because the husband wanted to know what other stuff Jeff Bridges has been in, which lead to squeeing over all the voices in The Last Unicorn (which he never heard of before *facefault*)
  • Never mind, didn't miss all of them. Just caught the last one.
  • (Should have listened to what they said about Colin Firth OTL)
  • Yay, Jeff Bridges!
  • Once again distracted from all this talking by the husband's quest for info (this time on whether Michael Sheen is related to anyone)
  • But considering he's British, there's no chance he's related to either Charlie Sheen or Martin Sheen.
  • The husband was affronted by Oprah saying "our movie," though I figured (and was correct) that she was a producer.
  • Well good on Kathryn Bigelow for getting Best Director.
  • The husband made me recount the wins for Hurt Locker, since he d idn't believe the announcer. But yes, with Best Picture, it's 6.
  • Sheesh, this got boring by the end of it. Seriously.
  • And aside from a few laughs, most of the presenters that tried for comedy failed at it. *sigh*
  • And with Dave Barry as one of the writers? (Guess that's where the few laughs came from)

No comments: