Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Writing Meme - Day Six

It'd actually be easier to say where I'm NOT comfortable writing, since I can pretty much write anywhere. The only place where I absolutely could not write was my grandmother's house. It was very weird. I had to spend a day at my grandmother's last year shortly after Thanksgiving (I was keeping Dad company while we waited for Grandma's caretaker to get back from visiting her family for the holiday), so I thought I'd get a lot of writing done, especially since there wasn't any internet connection to speak of. But seriously, I barely got any words done. I was set to call that day a wash, but after I got home, I suddenly was set with inspiration and managed to spend the rest of the night writing up a storm. Crazy.
If I'm inspired, I can write any time, really, but I tend to be more likely to write in the evening than in the morning. And I prefer to write on my laptop than with pen and paper, since I'm always going back and changing a phrase or adding stuff, which is a lot easier in a word program than in a notebook. But I do always keep a notebook in my purse, just in case. And it is a lot easier to jot down something on paper than tap it out on my ipod touch, that's for sure.

No comments: