Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What I Watch - Youth in Revolt

So I watched Youth in Revolt today, mostly because I've all of a sudden become interested in movies that have Michael Cera in them (most likely due to the combined forces of the upcoming Scott Pilgrim movie and watching Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist the other week), but it turned out to be a pretty good film.  Of course, my opinion of it was helped by a surprised cameo by Fred Willard (all movies with a surprise Fred Willard are pretty good, just on general principle).  But on the whole I enjoyed the movie, and the strange twists and turns it took tell its story, which is basically about a teenage boy who goes through a lot, most of it illegal, to get with the girl he loves.  It made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion, which is more than I can say for some movies that I absolutely love.

No comments: