Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Crochet - Small Things, mostly

Another thing that kept me away from blogging these past couple of months was the various crochet projects I've been working on.  I can't show you the big one that took up most of the month of May (since it's a gift that hasn't been given yet), but I can show off a few of the smaller things I've done lately:



The Lion Brand weekly e-mail has been including a washcloth pattern each week for the summer, since they're small, portable, and a good way to practice new stitches.  The top set (South Beach Washcloths) I made for my younger sister, but the bottom two I kept for myself.  You can't really tell from the picture, but the South Beach ones have a kind of slanted ribbing effect going on that's achieved by alternating half-double crochet stitches and slip stitches.

This dishcloth is a contemporary take on a classic design that was in an issue of Crochet World.  It looks cool, but with all the color changes, there were a million loose ends to weave in on both sides, so I don't think I'll be making any more of these.

Another Crochet World pattern, done more on a whim than anything else.  Still, it's an awfully cute little bag, and I finally found a use for that button.

No comments: